Yes, but not every potential sister city needs to meet all of the criteria.
When determining who the Pittsburgh region should "sister with", we look at many factors:
- The similarity to the Pittsburgh region
- Does the potential city have a commitment to sustainability?
- Are they a SMART City or have the goal to become one?
- Do they have a vibrant technology sector or wish to grow one?
- Do they have a strong university and education sector?
- Are there reciprocal economic development opportunities?
- Do we have similar policy interests that can lead to shared policy goals and outcomes?
- What is the potential for on-going and meaningful engagement? Is there an advocate in both cities?
- How do we measure the level of engagement and the sustainability and success of the relationship?
We would love to hear from you!
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you. Ensuring that we can successfully engage with and manage the relationship is the most important criteria for consideration. Please add as much information as possible to your initial inquiry.